Thursday, March 31

Internets apocalypse

best


Oh my god!!! They finally broke the internet! (from the Stencil


Ok, back to the ubuweb, which I talked about yesterday. They have a section devoted to
Aspen Magazine, a late 60s multimedia magazine with a pretty awe-inspiring list of contributors. It was the source of yesterday's Lou Reed and Angus Maclise links. Here's a couple more I found after some more digging:
Radio Play - John Lennon!?!?
"Lennon attempts to extract melodies from a radio tuner, using only the volume knob."
Drift Study - LaMonte Young
With Young's accompanying text.

best

Oh, and I found some more breakcore sets!?!?for y'all.

Here's an especially hottttttttttt one by Terminal 11

And if you feel love for these breakcore mixes, I entreat you to buy something:
the Cock Rock Disco 2005 mix, curated by the great, great Jason Forrest aka Donna Summer, for a mere 4 bones!!! What a bargain?!?!

Additionally here's another versioning of the great Timbo beat from the Game album.
Freestyle - Chamillionaire & Rasaq Had to put another one up because the official version by Game has the paltriest-ass raps and the juxtaposition on this beat made me barf tears.

Oh, and check this, an in-depth article on the making of the best Wu- solo album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. And on a related note, here's some GREAT NEWS(c/o Lemon-red)...

And finally, I don't care where you are, get yourself to this show. I don't care if it means a train ride, chartering a cigarette boat, hijacking a concord, or comandeering a Tie Fighter, you need to experience The Sweetheart Attack. At least go check dem boyz' mpfrees.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the magnified termite is definately cuter than the actual size photo--which is horrifying! I had a similar infestation of ants on my computer at work. There were ants and larvae in between this busted up laptop that is connected to a monitor and a external floppy drive that was sitting on top of this laptop. There were hundreds! They set up camp over the course of a three day weekend. I guess they liked the warmth. I had to scoop them up with a file folder and put them in the garbage can, I was too afraid to vacuum them up for fear they would build there nest inside the vacuum bag instead. Can that really happen? I am equally afraid of the mole cricket that I vacuumed up. I think it was dead when I swept it up but I do not want any more of those to show up at the office. The thought of even changing the vacuum cleaner bag makes me cringe.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home