Friday, May 26

Prince, reduced to a symbol, invents strategies to avoid a deficit (pt 19)



"Burt?" asked Carl Weathers, unsure, "Is that you, Burt?"

Peedi Crakk - Is this the end?
Peedi Crakk - Stick em up
Peedi Crakk ft Sparks & Beanie Siegel- Blame it on the rock
Lil Boosie & Webbie - Pick you up
Lil Boosie - I wonder if God love me
Public Enemy - Yo! Bum rush the show

βurt internalized a panic: "SCHHHITTT! Did I just fuck up my βeta-test? Prince told me not to get spotted, but now here comes Carl Weathers. I wonder who else spotted me, and if they know I got no i.d., and if the Sam's Club security is gonna pick me & stick me up, and bum's rush me straight into Sam's club jail. Is this the end of my βeta-test? And is Prince gonna blame it on me?"

But meanwhile, Carl Weathers was gonna do something about it, and also to say something about it: " No. You're not even the Burt Young I used to know. You're like Prince! You're... βeta-urt now! You're just a symbol: you are what you mean, what you represent. You're like Prince, or whatever he calls himself now, that formerly shit. I fucking hate artists."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home