Sunday, June 26

dipset Detox with Michael McDonald at Epcot Center (pt 19)



Michael McDonald is talking real slow. R. Kelly headbutted him so hard that he turned into a human screwtape. And I know that may not seem like such a good thing, but I have to say that the slowdown seems to have benefitted Mike immensely.


Doobie Bros. - What a fool believes (screwed)
I've always held Mike's singing and his secret Internet Google cheat code secrets in the highest esteem, but, to be honest, I've never really thought of him as a particularly deep thinker. But now that he is talking so slow and so low, everything he's saying seems so profound! Was he always this deep at normal speed, and I just didn't notice because I listened too slow? I guess I may never know!



Michael McDonald - I keep forgetting (screwed)
So that you, the internet reader, can share in the amazing rennaisance that Mike's slow talking and singing has engendered, I have screwed some classic Michael McDonald 7"'s. Bear in mind that these mp3s sound almost exactly like Michael McDonald sounds to me as I am taking to him now. Depicted below is some of the equipment that was involved in bringing these slow mp3s to the internet.


Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom/The Freedom Eights (screwed)

Has freedom ever sounded any sweeter? "The Freedom Eights" is the B side of the Sweet Freedom 7". Watch out for Mike's scatting!

Mike is also moving slow. I have lowered the frame rate of the animated gifs to try to convey this impression to you, but I regret to say that this file format fails to properly capture the stately elegance of Mike's slow movements. But if you watch the movie at this site, and replace the diapered trombonist's head with that of Michael McDonald (in your mind's eye, of course, unless you have an incapacity for mental imagery and the appropriate video editing software) and then you can see for yourself how graceful Mike has become.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aka the ORIGINAL wiley!!!!!!

JFAaaaAAaaaAaaa

12:27 PM  
Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

I got in an argument with that Wiley kid at a party once. He's a punk.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home